We have taken all the necessary steps, and more, to create a COVID-19 secure environment at Southview.
What we perform:
- Installation Of A Negative Pressure Ventilation System
COVID-19 restrictions in dentistry require all practices to leave the treatment room empty for an hour following dental procedures that may produce an aerosol (the vast majority of dental treatments do this). We have modified all our treatment rooms with a negative pressure ventilation system to create increased air changes. Public Health England recommend a level of 10 air changes an hour, however we have chosen to go beyond to 15 air changes an hour for our patients and teams safety.
- Decontamination Of Our Environment
Decontamination has always been a top priority as part of our general infection control procedures prior to COVID-19. We now allow further time between patients to ensure this process is even more intensive.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Our team will be wearing enhanced PPE and the highest level of PPE when carrying out any aerosol generating procedures (AGP’s).
We strongly believe the efforts we have made have created possibly the most COVID-19 secure environment you are likely to experience.
What we ask of you:
- All our patients are required to fill out an online COVID-19 screening and updated medical history questionnaire prior to their appointment.
- We request all patients wear face covering (unless you are exempt).
- Temperatures are checked prior to entry into the practice and you will be asked to sanitise your hands.
- Our waiting room will only be available to very limited numbers, with priority given to the social groups in most need, so please attend as close to your appointment as possible.
- We are unable to provide onsite washroom and drinking water facilities.